Welcome to Tudor House, a small but perfectly formed independent museum, set in a fine example of a close-studded timber framed building with the only remaining original embossed ceiling in Worcester.13:44 29/01/2024
The timber building was erected around 1520, although foundation stones in the cellar date from the early Medieval period. Originally 3 separate dwellings, each owned or rented and used by different tradespeople. 17th century inventories show that some of these people were well-off, but that was by no means always the case.
Tudor House has been a home and a workshop for weaver clothiers, carpenters, a baker and a 17th century solicitor’s widow, to name just a few. Some of the weaver clothiers who lived there brewed ale as a side-line in the late 1500s, and for about five hundred years part of the building was used for brewing. It was known as The Cross Keys tavern from at least the 1700s.
Ticket numbers for this event will be strictly limited but if you want to register your interest in this event and be notified before the tickets go on general sale please send an email to email@example.com
The Tudor House Museum Ghost Hunt includes:
- Initial Introduction, to include a health and safety talk, and the evenings schedule.
- Mediumship walk round – who haunts tonight?
- Psychic experiments including séances, glass divination, your own senses and more.
- Ghost Hunting Vigils using our range of ghost hunting and psychic equipment.
- Ghost Hunting Vigils in the dark with our medium.
- Hot Drinks and Biscuits
- Expert advice and discussion about the paranormal
- Your chance to stay in a haunted location!
Please note: Over 18s only – no pregnant women allowed and attendees must be reasonably fit.
For more information please see our Terms and Conditions.
Images courtesy of the Tudor House Museum.